Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Little Christmas Cheer

Sorry to leave you hanging...but I want to spread a little Christmas cheer this week before I tell more of our story.

We've really been enjoying the celebration of advent in our house of curls.

Operation Christmas Child
Decorating our Christmas tree

Cookie Party with sweet friends

Decorating cookies with LOTS of sugar sprinkles

Making a Christmas tree with GLITTER overload

Gift making for the Grandparents...shhh, don't tell

Making a Gingerbread girl with Daddy (and potty training...note the tears...)

SNOW!!!!

The girlies are super excited about Christmas this year, which makes it so much fun for all of us to talk about the birth of Jesus and the joy of giving to others. My oldest curly girlie has been daily cleaning out her room so that she can give some of her own toys away to little girls who don't have toys. This has been a sweet blessing to my heart to see her genuinely want to give. She is also anticipating giving a few small homemade gifts to some of her closest friends.

For her classmates, we decided to make reindeer food. This is such an easy craft and something both curly girlies can fully participate in and do with their own precious hands.

To make the reindeer food, you will need:


oats, granulated sugar, sugar crystals, plastic baggies, cardstock, Christmas stickers, ribbon, and
2 curly little elves to help :)

Type out the following poem on white cardstock:

Magic Reindeer Food
Sprinkle on the lawn Christmas Eve night,
The moon will make it sparkle so bright.
As Santa's reindeer fly and roam,
This food will guide them to your home.

I cut out the poems using crafty pattern scissors, oldest curly girlie put a sticker on each, and I punched a hole.

Next, comes the fun part! Mix together 1 cup oats and 1/4 cup sugar.

Add 2-3 tbsp. sugar crystals.

This will make about 3-4 baggies. Pour into baggies.

Add more sugar crystals to each individual baggie to give bolder color.


Wrap ribbon around the top of the baggie and tie onto the poem.

My curly girlies had a blast making this and my oldest is very excited about giving these to all her school friends to enjoy on Christmas Eve.

In our house of curls, we are truly thankful for the Christmas season and the blessing that we have to celebrate the birth of our great Savior, Jesus Christ. My prayer for you, as it is for my own family, is that you will understand just how much our Gracious God loves you. So much so, that He sent His only Son to be born on this earth that He might one day die on a cross for our sins. Wow, what an Amazing Gift we have been given and what a joy to celebrate Him this season!

5 comments:

  1. OK, I love the pics. Especially the potty training one. I so wish I was as creative as you!! The reindeer food is too cute! And seriously, don't leave me hanging much longer on the rest of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! we're going to make some similar things too. Wish we could hang out! The boys are getting better! See you Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this too! You are just too crafty! I'm stealing this idea BTW :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you posted on FB about your blog! I love love love blogs and can't wait to read yours! Blessings to you and your family this Christmas, sweet Jenna!!

    ~ Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell Elie the reindeer food worked like a charm!!! Love!
    And I almost wet my pants laughing when I saw the new picture at the top (will I get to see that on my fridge all year long when I make it back to IL?)

    ReplyDelete